Car MAintenance Services
AUTO MAINTENANCE SHOP MIDLAND MI
Car Maintenance Services
Car and truck maintenance is highly important in order to keep your vehicle running well and for peace of mind. We want our customers to understand the importance of vehicle maintenance which is why we’ve included a list of maintenance tips:
Car Maintenance and Care:
- Change your fluids on time, every time.
- Change your oil every 3,000 miles for regular oil, 5,000 miles for synthetic oil.
- Change antifreeze fluid every 30,000 miles.
- Change brake fluid every 30,000 miles.
- Change transmission fluid every 30,000 miles.
- Schedule a maintenance check every 15, 30, 60, and 90,000 miles.
- Replace your air filter every 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first).
- Replace your fuel filter every 2 years or 24,000 miles (whichever comes first).
Tire Maintenance and Care:
- Rotate your tires every 5,000 miles or every 6 months.
- Check your tire pressures approximately once a week. Low tire pressures can affect fuel economy, handling and comfort. To accurately measure your tire pressure, check tires when they are cold. Wait at least three hours after driving.
- Always make sure that your wheels are properly aligned. Badly aligned wheels will lead to dragging of the car on the road.
- Check your spare tire each month and keep it properly inflated so it¹s ready to go when you need it most.
- Use the penny trick to determine if the tread on your tires is worn too low. Take a penny and put Abraham Lincoln’s head into one of the grooves of the tread. If part of his head is covered by the tread, you’re ok. If you can see all of his head, it’s time to replace the tire. When the tread is worn down to 1/16 of an inch, tires must be replaced.
Gas Mileage Tips:
- Check and/or change your air filter every 6 months to improve fuel economy and keep your engine running smoothly.
- Don’t top off. Don’t bother topping off when filling your car’s gas tank. Any additional gas is just going to slop around or seep out.
- Tighten up that gas cap. Gas will evaporate from your car’s gas tank if it has an escape. Loose, missing or damaged gas caps cause 147 million gallons of gas to evaporate each year.
- Go for the shade. The hot summer sun that makes the inside of your car feel like a sauna also evaporates fuel from your gas tank.
- Use the right oil. You can improve your car’s gas mileage by 1 percent to 2 percent by using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil.
And most important of all……always check for potential problems before they happen!
Vehicle Maintenance Services:
Oil Change Service
Air Conditioning Service
Give us a call at (989) 835-1000 today to schedule your next maintenance appointment!
Draves Auto Center in Midland did some engine work on my BMW. Being a female with a car that a lot of places won’t service I was of course nervous when looking for the right place . However that was put to ease when I found Draves. The staff was knowledgeable and patient in explaining the problem and my options. Work was done fast, price was great! Glad I found them I’ll definitely be back!
Recently had brake work done on my truck – everything went as smooth as anyone could ask for – the service department greeted me promptly and addressed all my concerns. The repairs were done in a timely manner and I was contacted throughout the repair. Great place for repairs and they have a comfy waiting area. Would highly recommend there service and I will definitely be back!!!
Great service department. Always super helpful and friendly. I gladly go here over anywhere else in Midland. Mike in service is great!!
The staff is friendly and helpful. Good place to get oil changes too.
Primary Communities Served